Friday 1 June 2012

It started so well

Well after a good nights rest I was up at 630 slapping the factor 50 on ! Had a hearty breakfast headed down into the garage to pick up the bike and came across some quads and a tyi z (one for corky )
I had a game plan wich was to take a short cut to siguenza by taking some minor roads cutting out almazan should save 10 m or so ! Yea that backfired big time ! Minor roads made up of pea shingle and Tarmac uneven all morning was even traveling down hill in single figures ! Didn't see a sole appart from 1 farmer for the 56 km it took to get across ! No shops or canteens, by the time I got back on the c101 I was down to my last 1 ltr of water, I rested at a bus shelter then found a local pub who gave me some local water ! ( didn't drink it but had it just in case ) found a canteen in a little village called Imon no food but got some ice cold water, had a chat with some locals who I think we're amazed at how far I had travelled and was traveling to ! However I have been reliably informed I'm in for a 20m mountain climb in the morning !
Left them to there drinking and headed of for the last 15km to siguenza ! 15km of the worst road I've been on here how I haven't broke a wheel or a spoke I don't know as it was pot hole after pot hole it even shook my rack to bits so a roadside repair had to be carried out on that
52 miles covered on a ham croissant 4 bananas 4 muesli bars 1 bottle of coke and 7 Ltrs of water

No comments:

Post a Comment