Thursday 31 May 2012

Sore feet, no sleep

Last night turned out eventful, turns out I had booked in to a truck stop, so lorrys crashing banging reversing till about 1 then started again at 5, not a lot of sleep! Managed to order a fish paella ! Thought I was getting a pizza so that was also a surprise ( mmmmm black squid ink my favourite ) also had 2attacks of cramp in my legs one whilst eating the said paella in front of all the truckers watching the Spain verses correa football ( to there amusement )
Started riding at 845 this morning things started out ok but then spent 1/2 hour going up and down a sodding hill trying to get my road to match the map. Sod it stopped for a coffee and food to find the road I wanted on the other side of town ( bloody map) hurrah for iPhone !. However the road I wanted turned in to another mountain pass! The view from the top was stunning, the way down took 10 minutes and was a series of hairpin turns, only got up to 35 ish before braking hard to go around the next bend ! Even managed to scrape the pedal on the ground ! (scary). However once at the bottom I had 24km to the next town ! By the time I got to el burgo de osma my feet were in tatters (hard day yesterday telling tolls ) so as I entered the town at the cross roads was the hotel Virrey and that was as far as I got today (50m). Had a shower then a hot bath and am now chilling on my bed ! And the baths full of whites !!!!! Have some pics on the phone so will upload them soon

1 comment:

  1. Blimey sounds like a helluva day!!!! My feet are killing me have been in clinic all day....would rather have been on my bike :-)

    ReplyDelete