Wednesday 30 May 2012

Burgos and beyond

Well the hotel last night was good managed fish soup followed by fish in tomatoes followed by cold rice pudding all with a bottle of wine for 10 euros. This obviously set me up for today as I was on the road at 8.30 of to burgos, did some tactical riding which got me to just outside Burgos for lunch 45m down by 11am the rest of the day quickly went down hill getting in to the city with the neon sign showing 31 deg, the road I wanted to take was only accessible via a motorway so had to go across country! Welcome to mountainous Spain again ! Finally found my way out on the N234 20 miles south of where I wanted to be with no food and .5 ltr of water. A quick rethink saw me head of to a village 10 miles along the way! Next problem the town water tower was broke so the hotel was shut! Now up to 90 m, in pointing gestures a local informed me of 2 hotels a bit further on 5m so yes I am now nursing sore feet and will now have to rethink my route for tomorrow as I've done 30 miles of it already !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment